Episode 16 – Memorization
In episode 16 Kevin Patrick discusses mneme and maxims.
Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Segments and LInks mentioned in this episode:
- Dichotomy of Control
- Desire / values
- Impulse to act
- Examine impressions
- Simplicity / frugality
- Negative visualization
- Contemplation of the sage
- View from above
- Contemplation of death
- Morning preparation
- Evening review
- Overcoming fear
- Overcoming shame
- Stripping down impressions
- Pause and take a deep breath
- Speak little and well
- Choose your company well
- Speak without judging
- Dealing with guilt
- Cognitive distancing
- Objective representation
- Visualize the situation happening to someone else
- Remind self of the impermanence of things
- Don’t speak too much about yourself
- Respond to insults with humor
- Virtue lies in present choices. There is only now
- It seemed so to him.
- I may not yet be a Socrates, but I will live as one who wants to be a Socrates.
- In what duties did I fail today? What goodness did I do? What will I fix tomorrow?
- It’s nothing to me.
- How can I use virtue here and now?
- You are only an impression and not what you seem.
Everything that happens to you is an indifferent. These should all be dealt with as impressions.
Everything that you choose to do (including which tool you decide to use) is an impulse to act.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |